- Primol 352
Primol 352 is a purified mixture of liquid saturated hydrocarbons. It is a colourless, transparent oily liquid and is essentially odourless and tasteless. It is obtained from petroleum through several refining stages, including an ultimate purification by catalytic hydrogenation.
- Primol 352 can be used in a variety of food-related, cosmetic and pharmaceutical applications subject to the applicable laws and regulations in each country (*).
- Primol 352 is recommended as a food packaging-grade plasticizer in general purpose and high impact polystyrene. Primol 352 is recommended for use as an external lubricant for non-plasticized PVC. Primol 352 is an inert and protective catalyst carrier for polypropylene processes. It can also serve as a pigment powder dispersant in master batch compounding.
- Elastomers and Adhesives
- Primol 352 is used for producing food-contact or medical rubber articles such as EPDM or butyl rubber. It is particularly well suited for the extension of Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE), such as SBS, SEBS or SEPS. Primol 352 is also recommended for Hot-Melt Adhesives formulations used in sanitary products.
- Cosmetics and Pharmaceuticals
- Primol 352 has many well-established applications in the pharmaceutical industry, like laxative jellies and ointments, and is also recommended as a component for many cosmetic products, such as creams and body lotions.