- Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series
The Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series is carefully formulated from high-quality base stocks and performance balanced with an advanced additive system that provides controlled frictional properties, compatibility with aqueous metal working fluids and corrosion protection of parts and equipment. The unique additive package provides exceptional frictional properties on a wide variety of way materials, including steel on steel and steel on polymer, reducing stick-slip and chatter.
Features and Benefits
The Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series exhibit excellent lubricity and load-carrying performance contributing significantly to improving the production of quality parts. The Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series provides separability from many water and aqueous coolants reducing the potential negative effects of cross contamination which helps to enhance the service life and performance of both the lubricant and coolant.
Advantages and Potential Benefits
Controlled Frictional Characteristics
Helps eliminate stick slip; allows consistently accurate machining
Suitable for a wide range of way material combinations allowing for product consolidation
Water and Aqueous Coolant Separability
Helps improve the life and performance of many aqueous coolants
Prevents removal of lubricant from critical surfaces
Long Term Rust and Corrosion Protection
Helps reduce the deterioration of sliding surfaces in the presence of water and aqueous coolants
Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series products are recommended for the lubrication of machine tool slideway systems. They are designed for use with combinations of cast iron, steel and non-metallic way materials. Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series may be applied by hand, forced-feed lubricator or in flood application by circulation system.
- Mobil Vactra Oil No. Series of products are suitable for use in applications that require Fives Cincinnati specifications P53, P47, and P50.
- Mobil Vactra Oil No. 1 and No. 2 are recommended for horizontal slideways on small to medium size machine tools. They are also suitable for circulating application in large machines and as a moderate duty hydraulic fluid.
- Mobil Vactra Oil No. 3 and No. 4 are normally recommended for large machines where way pressures are high and good precision is required. They are also recommended for vertical and inclined slideways where drain-down can be a problem and for moderate service machine tool gear drive mechanisms.
- Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series can be used for lubrication of ball screws, linear guides, headstocks, translating screws.
- Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series is recommended for applications where oil contamination of the aqueous coolants shortens coolant batch life.
Available in ISO Viscosity Grades:
ISO VG 68 (No. 2), 220 (No. 4)